Website Domain & Hosting
Top rated web hosting company in Markham & Richmond Hill
xod Media is your hand held service for website hosting in Markham. We primarily use CenturyLink Data Centers for most of our client’s website hosting. They are rated 1 of the top 2 hosting companies in the world by independent technology research group Gartner.
Depending on the needs of the site, we may use different servers or duplicate your site on servers spread across North America / World wide so your customers find you fast.
We also optimize the site for speed and security with our premium plugins, which means high rankings on the search engines and a faster user experience for your customers. All of this is included in the cost of your site and we maintain it all.
Take a look at our info sheets for web site hosting and domain maintenance below for more details:
Web Site Hosting
- Automatic backups on the website, emails and database performed every 12 hours – 7 days a week (CenturyLink)
- 1 hour support handled by experts, no call centres with junior staff.
- Unlimited emails accounts on Century link packages
- Largest and most advanced fiber optic IP backbone in the world. You’ll be on the same server that hosts 30% of the world fortune 500 websites
- 24/7 security with constant scans for hackers, viruses and malware
- WordPress plugin and security updates
- No server delays. 99.99% uptime guarantee. That’s 45 minutes better than those that offer 99.9% uptime
- Multi-user access so you can delgate access to specific areas, like email manager
- Charity / non-profit servers / pricing are available
- High Traffic servers are available as well. Talk to us to discuss what’s right for your website.
Security and Protection
Your online investments are always our priority. That’s why we use 3rd party vendors to test all our systems. Deloitte performs frequent penetration tests against our servers to make sure we are always protecting our clients and their customers.
We offer advanced monitoring for popular systems such as WordPress and Joomla: After 20 failed login attempts the login system will be put on hold so hackers cannot break into your site. If one of our client’s websites has been hacked, the host will isolate the problem and patch the hole. They then inform xod Media, we update and correct any damage that was done to the site and database. The host then does a final scan and will put the safe website back up online. We manage all of this within a few hours.
Quality over Quantity
The most important aspect of hosting isn’t the space. It’s about what server your system is running on and the level of support you’ll receive. We all know about cheaper hosting companies that offer unlimited bandwidth. This is your first red flag. Nothing is unlimited. The problems with “unlimited space” include (but are definitely not limited to):
- Severs over crowded
- File and database backups done weekly instead of daily
- Your restore time is measured in days rather than minutes
- When one host is hacked into, all of the shared hosts are also hacked. This puts your site in constant danger
The simple test to figure out the quality of your hosting service is to do a quick Google search. Try googling “my GoDaddy website was hacked” versus “my CenturyLink website was hacked”. The results speak for themselves. We avoid these issues and this is why we are known as the best web hosting company in Markham and Richmond Hill.