Top rated web hosting company in Markham & Richmond Hill
xod Media, specialist in managed WordPress hosting, uses CenturyLink Data Centers for all our client’s website hosting. They are rated 1 of the top 2 hosting companies in the world. Here’s why:
- Represent 30% of the world’s fortune 100 companies
- Largest and most advanced fiber optic IP backbone in the world
- 24/7 security with constant scans for hackers, viruses and malware
- No server delays. By using server farms all over the world, there is always a secondary system prepared to catch a server fails
- Your website is housed at protected sites all over the world, allowing us to offer the best protection against natural disasters you can find
- Automatic backups performed 7 days a week
- Manual backups can be saved any day, at any time
Security and Protection
Your online investments are always our priority. That’s why we use 3rd party vendors to test all our systems. Deloitte performs frequent penetration tests against our servers to make sure we are always protecting our clients and their customers.
We offer advanced monitoring for popular systems such as WordPress and Joomla: After 20 failed login attempts the login system will be put on hold so hackers cannot break into your site. If one of our client’s websites has been hacked, the host will isolate the problem and patch the hole. They then inform xod Media, we update and correct any damage that was done to the site and database. The host then does a final scan and will put the safe website back up online. We manage all of this within a few hours.
Quality over Quantity
The most important aspect of hosting isn’t the space. It’s about what server your system is running on and the level of support you’ll receive. We all know about cheaper hosting companies that offer unlimited bandwidth. This is your first red flag. Nothing is unlimited. The problems with “unlimited space” include (but are definitely not limited to):
- Servers over crowded
- File and database backups done weekly instead of daily
- Your restore time is measured in days rather than minutes
- When one host is hacked into, all of the shared hosts are also hacked. This puts your site in constant danger
The simple test to figure out the quality of your hosting service is to do a quick Google search. Try googling “my GoDaddy website was hacked” versus “my CenturyLink website was hacked”. The results speak for themselves. We avoid these issues and this is why we are known as the best web hosting company in Markham and Richmond Hill.